Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What is life without you?

This poem was written August 5, 2010

When I found out about you, I couldn't imagine my life without you.
I longed for the days I would hold you, and all the time I would have to get to know you.
Even though carrying you was a bit much, I would give anything just to feel your touch.
My life has taken a sudden turn, one that I don't understand.
And everyday is hard, but I know God has a plan.
I have to trust Him through my tears and even through my fears.
I know that you are with Him, but how I want you here.
I want to know you, and you to know me. I want you to know how much of a blessing you would be.
There are no words to describe the pain I feel. Each new day the loss of you becomes more real.
There are so many questions that fill my mind;
How do I get through this, better yet, how do I survive?
A life without my child...How did I get here?
I don't have the answer just yet, but I know my path will be made clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment