Friday, May 20, 2011

Life gets better

Have you ever been in the middle of something and a thought captures your attention. That happens to me all the time, I can be driving to work or listening to the radio or washing dishes, and all of a sudden a sadness comes over me because I think of my baby boy. It makes me sad that we didn't get the chance to form any memories together and on those quiet days I'm reminded that someone's missing because there is no noise. There are lots of things in my life that I'm truly grateful for and I don't want to appear as ungrateful or unthankful, however, there is a large piece of my life missing...my child. No one plans to live like this, I never thought I'd be here, in this place, this very unfamiliar place. But here I am, learning to slowly walk through minute by minute. So for those moms out there who may have recently experienced baby loss, don't rush through your grief, take it one second at a time. Don't put yourself on a timeline either, there is no expiration date on your sadness. Nothing makes it better I guess, even though someday and somehow it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment