Saturday, May 7, 2011

Get ready for mother's day...

Here we go again. Mother's day is tomorrow. It feels like there's a lump in my throat. I can't say that I'm feeling mother's day very much right now. I know at church they might ask all the mothers to stand and be recognized...I'm always confused by things like this. Do I stand and risk those who don't know my story looking at me like, "and where are your children missy", or do I sit and still have people look at me like they feel sorry for me. My heart always skips a beat when people ask if we have children. I wonder if I'll ever figure out how to properly answer this question. Maybe one day I'll find the answer, but until then, let's get through yet another childless mother's day. And happy mother's day everyone (seriously)

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you on last Sunday and I'm sure it was difficult for you. To answer your question it's all about how you feel when answering that question. I always sign our cards from all 3 of my children, and when people ask I say yes I have 3 children, 2 I'm raising and one is in heaven. Depending on where you where and how you felt I would have stood if at church (mainly because everyone there for the most part knows your situation and would not have been stupid enough to say anything about it). I struggle with how I'm going to explain it to my children that they have an older sister in heaven. Yes you are a mother and to you I say from the bottom of my heart "Happy Mother's Day" ~even though this day brings everything but happiness, brings tears, frowns, questions, etc. You deserve the best even more on today and every day~ Love you sis and your doing great..taking it one day, one hour, one minute at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for participating in the Face of Loss, Faces of Hope May Blog Hop.....we're so honored you shared your blog with us!

    Stephanie, what a coincidence that I run across your blog, I also live in HSV (and actually think I talked to you by email last week). This was my first Mother's Day, and I was completely dreading it. You are right, the children question just never gets easier to answer. Especially for those of us that have lost our firstborn. I struggle with it every time. It was so hard to go through that day when I don't "feel" like a mother anymore. Just know that I am here if you need anything. ♥

    xoxo
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete